We are excited to welcome Elise from EB Yoga and her Mummy and Baby Yoga Class to Orpington Village Hall every Monday at 11.30-12.30pm.
Post-pregnancy is a unique time for mothers and babies. During this time women are prone to stress, dealing with sleep deprivation and adjusting to a changing body and can take months to rebuild strength back. This is why postnatal yoga concentrates on nurturing and support for you, whilst having your baby by your side.
Although much of the emphasis is on the mother, mummy and baby classes also include gentle yoga stretches for the babies, which have great benefits for the physical and mental development of your baby as well as help for them to relax and aid in sleep.
These classes will have both an energising and relaxing effect on mothers and provide a warm and supportive atmosphere to bond with your baby and meet other mums.
These classes will help with:
- Safely rebuilding core strength
- Stabilizing the pelvis and lower back
- Toning and strengthening the abdominal area
- Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
- Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
- Rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
- Brings fun, pleasure and special bonding time to both mum and baby
- Provides an opportunity to connect with other mums, have tea/cake and socialise afterwards
* Please note this class is suitable from 6 weeks postnatal following a natural birth, and 10 weeks postnatal following a C-section before you join these classes (once you have had your postnatal medical check).
Come along and have some fun and meet some new mummies in these relaxed classes.
£40 for the first 4 weeks trial.
Please email Elise to book your place.
The times featured here are correct at the time of posting. Please check the calendar in the ‘What’s On’ section to see the most up to date details.